Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fun Bag

I got the pattern for this fun bag from a relief society activity. I liked the way it turned out, so I decided to make another. I set this movie beside it so you could see that it is pretty good size. It can easily be used as a diaper bag!

The lining is a different color. It opens up big which makes it easier to find stuff. I also created two pockets that were not on the pattern.

I tried to get a close up of the fabric. It is mostly brown with baby blue and tan. These rings were only about thirty cents and I think they make the bag! The fabric, lining and interfacing was a little more than ten dollars. Not bad!

This was the first bag I made. It is more summery. The fabric, lining, and interfacing was only about five dollars!

The orange lining has a fun texture. I love the big pockets.

Trying to get a close up of the fabric and texture. The rings on this bag are smaller.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Shelf Back Lining

It's nice to see my husband was so happy with my desk purchase!
I bought this desk and shelf at a yard sale for $6! It still needs some nobs on the drawers. I spray painted it in July or August. It was around 100 degrees. Sadly, the wet paint warped the wood around the edge of the desk while it dried in the extreme heat. I also got a sun burn on the back of my neck! Other advice (I learned the hard way) would be to spend a little bit more money on Spray paint. I bought the 80 something cent cans at Wall-mart. they don't spray on smoothly and I had to go through seven or eight of them. The paint cost more than the desk. And I still can notice some parts that bother me.

I think the back panel lining turned out great. I used foam core covered in fabric. (I bought a piece of foam core that was 4 feet by 6 feet. You should have seen me carry that around the store and load in my van without bumping or dinging it on anything.) I cut it to fit, then hot glued the fabric around on the back of the board. It was a little work to keep the pattern straight. I had to pull it along. Then I just pushed the piece back in and it stayed in place all by itself. I used 2 layers of foam core on the bottom so that I can use push pins in it. I think that cute wrapping paper or wall paper would work too.

Posted by Picasa