Saturday, May 2, 2009

Shower Curtain Extention

Before we moved into this house I bought this shower curtain on clearance at Target. I really liked it! I decided to use it as the decorating start for my master bedroom and bathroom. Well, after we moved in, it turned out that my shower and tub were bigger than the standard. And now, almost 2 years later, I finally did something about it.
It is hard to see in that picture how short the curtain really looks.

I bought some fabric that I liked with the curtain . I cut two 14 inch strips and sewed them together. Then I hemmed it with hemming tape. Have you ever used that? You just fold over the fabric, put the tape between, and iron it. Then it is hemmed! (look really close in the picture below. There is hemming tape being sandwiched there.) I took this newly hemmed piece of fabric and sewed it to the top of my shower curtain. Is this making any sense?
This next picture is looking down on my ironing board. I cut small pieces of ribbon, put hemming tape at one end, folded it, and ironed it. Then I had 12 little loops that I sewed on the top, back of the new top of my shower curtain. These are what I used to hang the shower curtain with. I sewed them a couple inches down, so that when it is hung you do not see them.
After I teetered on the edge of the bath tub and hung it up, I thought it would have looked really nice to have a thin black stripe where the fabrics meet. But it was 1:30 a.m. Maybe another day, or night.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love your ideas. I'm always so proud whenever I come up with a cheap decorating idea. Your house looks really cute, from what I can see in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete