Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Refinishing the Dining Table and Chairs

I ordered this brand new dining table. I was really excited for it to come in! I was also a little nervous. I wasn't sure of the exact wood finish. But the picture looked great. It was a gamble. I lost. Here is what the table looked like:


So, I gathered my nerve, gave myself a pep talk, and went at it! I took the sander to my brand new table! I am happy with the color, but for some reason the "satin" finish is very glossy still. I am glad I didn't buy the "high gloss" finish or I would have to buy sunglasses for everyone to wear to dinner. I refinished all the chair seats, stool seats, and bench seat too. The legs and the backs of the chairs are an "espresso" finish. They are a very dark brown. The table looks so much better in my house now. The reddish/orange really made my cabinets look gray.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. YEAH! I love it!!!!! You did an amazing job on this. You sure have some talent! I need to see it in person. BTW - I love this website of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table. Sounds like a LOT of work but it sure looks great! I love the other deals and crafts you shared on your blog. I love deals and garage sales too! Can't wait to check back and see what else you've saved on! Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! It reminds me of the day my Mom took off her solid wood front doors and I striped them and we refinished them. It is alot of work! It looks beautiful. Where did you order the table from? We are looking for a new dining table with benches for our new space. Let me know. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy! I didn't know you had another "secret blog!" The table and chairs look amazing. And it's fun to see what your house looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! How did you do that? We have a desk and bookcase we want to refinish. Maybe you can give us some pointers!!
    I think Rylan is cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Look at you go! I am cheap too. It drives my husband crazy! He tells me that if it's on sale, I have to buy it even if we don't need it! Your home and your finds are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What don't you do?? The table looks great.

    ReplyDelete